Sunday, January 27, 2008

When you're in the groove...

... well, you're just in it, I guess.

Issue 16 is at 11,303 words right now, and I added 4,009 of them today. Even while I made time to go to the movies, hang out with friends and cook dinner. Woo! I rock! Ahem.

What's scary / cool is that every one of those 4,009 words is for one scene - one unfinished scene. You'll be glad to know it's a transformation scene. Although it's not what you're thinking... I expect.

So that's the good news. As soon as this scene is done, the issue is wrapped bar the editing, the fiddly document creating, the uploading etc etc yada yada. However, here's the bad news. I won't be posting it until next weekend at least.

Why? Because, despite the fact to my utter astonishment I seem to have finished an issue in five days, I want to keep to this bi-weekly schedule, roughly. If I keep motoring along like this (touch wood) then I'll have issue 17 practically done by the time I post 16. In other words, I want to keep on runnin' and get ahead of myself.

Am I being a tease? Possibly. Is this a sensible tactic from where I'm sitting? Probably. Anyway, for the record, I like this issue better than last... although I have a feeling 'your mileage may vary'.

Great way to finish the weekend, though.

6 comments:

  1. That's cool keep up the good work.

    M.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Can't wait till next weekend. You are the only thing keeping maskingwriter alive at this point, and while I am thankful for this and obviously love your work, I can't help but wonder where all the other authors are. I've been waiting on Victor's conclusion to the substitute for *how* many years now? And whatever happened to Z and his seemingly never-ending Seduxil series? Or to think back even further to the glory days of your site, where is Holly Farifa these days? *Sigh* Those were the days, when there was so much mask fiction to read and so little time. By the way, this has been bugging me for a long time, but there is a certain story by Gil that I can't seem to find (not even on the old maskfiction.com archive), that I believe was called "the Test" or "the Exam" that involved his characters from his other stories in a school setting. Do you remember this, GW?

    Thanks - keep up the good work as always.

    J.F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you turn up as a pair. ;)

    JF, you and me both! I'd love to see some regular work from other authors... but your guess is as good as mine as to where those authors might be, or when they might return to their stuff.

    I used to be in fairly regular contact with Vic, but I haven't spoken to him in quite a while. I think The Substitute might be finished one day but then some people say that about my theoretical sequel to Beneath the Veil. ;)

    Z's been slightly more active over the last year or so - you can poke him at Maskingwriter and he'll usually reply.

    Holly Fairfa? Again, no idea. She may be out there reading or even writing, but I know she was quite conscious of getting feedback 'back in the day' and lack of that may have driven her away.

    Finally... that story title doesn't ring a bell, but I'll take a look around and see if I have it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's called 'The Test'. I have it - I could send you it if you like.

    And another author we haven't seen in years: Lilith. I liked her stories.

    Elizabeth Rees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth -

    If you could send it to jennannefontaine@yahoo.ca, that'd be great!


    Thanks very much,
    J.F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent. (I liked this story, shame he only wrote a couple.)

    Elizabeth Rees

    ReplyDelete