Thursday, January 03, 2008

Altogether now... torrent!

Hey guys and maybe even gals... remember these?



Those there are the only clips I've ever seen of The Black Widow, a very hard to find 1947 Republic serial which, in case you haven't bothered to watch the clips above, features quite a bit of female masking.

I've been jones-ing to write a 'serial style story' for quite a while now, with these clips inspiring me to do so. I've even gotten to the point of starting to plot it (harder than it looks, those cliffhangers every episode).

Anyway, all this time I've really, really wanted to see the original serial so I could get some more inspiration, and hopefully see a few more disguise or impersonation sequences! Unfortunately the serial wasn't exactly a landmark, so it's only been available on VHS and hasn't had a DVD release...

... but that doesn't stop the Internet. Some wonderful kind person, understanding my bizarre need to watch old serials that cater to my 'special' fetish, has encoded all 13 chapters of The Black Widow and made a 'torrent for them. You can grab it right here.

(Before I go any further, if you don't know what a 'torrent' is, or what BitTorrent is, go find out. Then come back.)

So why do I tell you all this? Well apart from the fact that you too could now see this serial, the simple fact is... if you download the 'torrent too, then we all get the serial faster. That's how it works. (Sort of.)

So help my inspiration! Download that torrent and let's seed this sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment