Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Attack of the Killer Bs

I remember reading some 'advice for writers' somewhere which said that if at all possible, you should try and avoid giving characters the same name - which is generally easy enough to do - and preferably, don't even use the same initial. That's because as we read, we tend to skim names after a while, just recognising the 'shape' of the word. Two many characters with the same initial first letter and people get confused.

Heck, I'm writing the damn series and I get confused when I've got Bruce, Betty, Barbara, Batman and Batgirl to deal with. How are you handling it??

Thanks to each and every one of you who's commented about issue 15 - I really, really appreciate it. I didn't actually think that parts of it were my best (and that last scene I practically had to force myself to finish, for some reason) but I'm very glad you folks dug it.

Now back to issue 16 - about 3K in right now, and I just expanded it with a couple of new 'beats' which I think will be fun. Still hoping to bring it in under 10K, but we'll see. I don't want to make 13K sized issues a habit....

No comments:

Post a Comment