Sunday, January 20, 2008

Finished, and boy did that hurt.

Another issue done. Well, 'done' in the sense that all the words I wanted to put into it (13,059 of them, as it happens) are in it. That said, I haven't re-read it yet for sense or coherency. So sorry, faithful reader - no release today. But soon. By Tuesday, so I can say I'm on bi-weekly schedule, kind of.

As you might have guessed from the post title, this one took a while to finish. For some reason the last scene, a scene that would normally be gravy (a transformation) just took forever to do. I'm not entirely sure why. It might be because I was trying to give it a sense of importance that it didn't deserve. That's kind of hard to gauge though; after all, the transformation bits are generally why you're reading, so I'd imagine your reaction is probably "How could it not be important?"

Eh, I guess the point is when you feel like you've written this sort of thing every single different way you can think of, some days you just want to write "Then they got changed into a different outfit and went on their way". It's not as if I have actors or actresses in front of me giving me visual stimulation... instead it's all in my head, and I've got to make them do interesting things. Otherwise they just sit around with blank looks.

Anyway, it is done, and in the last few lines I threw a wrench in my own plot because I thought it'd be fun. We'll see... Future Ghostly might end up cursing my present self. (See what I meant about foreshadowing and plotting?)

Right. I feel like rambling on, so I think I'll go shoot some posts into the future to make it look like I never leave the keyboard. Thanks for all the recent comments by the way people; I appreciate it a hell of a lot, especially when I'm forcing myself to try and write one more line.

No comments:

Post a Comment