Sunday, July 18, 2010

Psych

As I said earlier, two years is a bloody long time to go without releasing anything new, so I've dug around and came up with a short I'll call 'Psych'. You can get it on the Yahoo! Maskingwriter group - here's the link to the folder:


You'll obviously need to be a group member to get it.

For a little more background - Psych is a sort-of prequel to The Babysitter, in that it features a very early, proto-version of the main character in Babysitter. After I wrote this I sort of 'got' where I needed to start Babysitter, and things went along from there. However I'd caution you that this shouldn't be taken as the first part of Babysitter, not by a long shot. The story doesn't continue from this point (or even reference this, at least not so far). So it's a sort of stand-alone story that has similar motivations.

Ah whatever, it's something I had lying around that you might enjoy... let's leave it at that.

Right, back to writing so it's not another two years before you see something new!!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing stuff, GW -- even for a short tease, it ranks among some of the best writing you've ever produced. Well worth the two year wait, and now I'm even more anxious to read the rest!


    - JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very kind - I don't rate it as anywhere near my best stuff, really, so glad you liked it.

    God, two years. More stuff soon!!

    ReplyDelete