Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rollin', rollin', rollin'

... rollin' rollin' rollin'... rollin' right along on Spider-Girl issue 15, which is juuuuust shy of 10,000 words in another window right now. I've got one more scene to write. It's a doozy (or should be), but I'm waiting for inspiration to strike.

Incidentally, I am very much of the school of thought these days that writing is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. However, when it comes to writing essentially the same thing over and over in slightly different ways, that 1% becomes pretty darn precious. That one thing being masking or unmasking scenes.

Don't get me wrong - I like doing them (and oddly enough, I like the challenge of trying to make 'em different) but still. It can be tough. This one will come, I just thought while I was sitting here in front of the keyboard, might as well say 'hi'. So - hi! G'wan, say hi back.

6 comments:

  1. Hi G'wan...

    It's good to hear that the next chapter is going well. I know it will be an exciting read. Anychance however we might be seeing anymore DC characters during the Gotham crossover?

    M.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still reading, still waiting, still loving every ish.

    J.F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the Anonymous Brothers! :D

    Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot.

    MB - we will be seeing more DC characters during the Crossover, for sure.. although not all of them will be themselves, if you see what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very late checking in here, GW!

    I got used to catching the updates via the 360 link thing and lost track when that stopped.

    I just now got a chance to read the latest ish, "Cross-Over" and thoroughly enjoyed it!

    I'll be sure to pay proper attention to the correct blog link now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi GW!
    It's good to see you writing Spider-Girl again. No Robin? Still, Batgirl makes an even better sidekick!

    Elizabeth Rees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey CM - subscribe to the RSS feed and never miss a post. ;) Glad to see you!

    Liz - Robin? Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete