Monday, May 21, 2007

Oh yeah, 'the reason'

A while back I mentioned my plan to post Spider-Girl #5 and #6 at the same time (well almost) and said that "the reason will become apparent". Well, if it did become apparent to you folks, no-one shouted about it.

The 'reason' I was referring to was my own concern that you folks might be in an uproar about issue #5, because it is the issue I referred to way back in March that doesn't contain any masking. Shock! Horror! And believe me, right up until Saturday morning when I was editing #5 I was asking myself "Should I just put in a small masking scene?". Then I reminded myself of what I'd said back in March... you've got to write for yourself sometimes. So I didn't change it. Look at me, all strong of will!

Well, not that strong of will because I released #6 right after, thinking someone might call foul on #5. But none of you did. Which is cool. Honestly, I now suspect if you were the kind of person who would bitch about that, you wouldn't be reading the series anyway. I mean, there are a lot of words in there....

Anyway. Re-reading (and editing, natch) #5 on Saturday I really did feel proud of it. For me it was the first 'new' issue that I wrote; while issue #4 was all written brand-new this year, it didn't feel new as I was finishing a years-old plotline. Issue #5 (and onwards) felt entirely new to me though, as the plot was newly realised, and for the characters it's really a new start. The Chameleon's gone, Betty thinks her life is back on track... and then it all goes wrong again, heh heh. But that's what comics are about kids....

Right, off to try and put a dent in #11. Great to hear from everyone. Keep those Goblin ID guesses coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment