Monday, May 28, 2007

Time for a cold shower

Wow. It's always, always just wonderful when a story takes an unexpected turn and what results is so much better than what you planned.

I just finished Spider-Girl issue #11, and I was working in that whole issue towards a particular scene - yes, a transformation scene. I'd been working out in my head specific 'beats', specific moments that I wanted to do, but honestly with these sorts of things I just tend to let it happen, and let the writing flow. All that bollocks.

However, what I've found to my utter amazement several times now is that right in the middle of those scenes... I'll figure something out that's so, so much better than what I thought. Suffice to say in the scene that I just wrote, an incredibly kinky (Well, to my mind) idea suddenly jumped into the middle of it and made it soooo much sexier. Mmmmm... hmmm.

Sorry it'll be a while before you see it. But hey, look on the bright side; as I like to keep a respectable distance between issues I've released and issues I've finished, putting the 'finished' tag on issue #11 means you're that much closer to issue #7. Which I don't think y'all are gonna see coming....

Oh - happy Memorial Day if you're in the US. And happy, er... wet Bank Holiday if you're here in the UK. A perfect day to stay at home and read some dirty fiction.

2 comments:

  1. Hi GW! I've finally read issues 1-6, and I have to say, they're great! This so perfectly matches my kink, which I eventually identified in its purest form as 'people adopting a new identity or persona, often forced by events'. Thank you!

    Elizabeth Rees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz, that's great to hear - thank you for reading.

    I wish I could classify my kinks that precisely, but yours sure sounds like a theme for the series!

    Hope you keep enjoying....

    ReplyDelete