Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hunt and peck

So...

.. I've been having quite a lot of trouble writing recently. Sure, I've made progress on SG #10, but damn it's been slow. I've had the 'sitting staring at the screen' session. I've had the 'all my ideas are shit' session. I've had the 'my writing sucks ass' session. I've had plenty of 'oh what the hell I'll just go browse the web' sessions... and at least one 'I'll just go blog about writing instead of writing' sessions. Consider this another.

I'm not blocked - not really. I just have a lot of personal and professional stuff whirling around me at the moment which is making it harder to focus my writing chi and get what I'd regard as good stuff down on paper. Or down in bits. Whatever. It's not easy right now.

I feel a little disheartened by a real lack of other people's stuff around right now. I don't graph it out (although I could; I'm geeky like that) but it feels like we're going through a mask fiction dry spell. I know some people are working on stuff. Are you? Do say if you are. It'll give us all something to look forward to, and of course, we'll cheer you on.

Back to me though. I fully intended to release Spider-Girl #5 this weekend, and possibly #6 too, but I want to finish #10 first. I know, my release points are sort of arbitrary. But right now you've had a whole arc to chew on, and so there's no great cliffhanger for you to nailbite over. You can wait a little longer.

In addition I'm off working again this weekend, so there's little to no chance that I'll get any writing done. I'm leaving the laptop at home; going cold turkey. There's every chance I'll get ideas, but those I'll file away for when I'm writing again.

Eh. Not gone. Just not feeling it right now. Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep at it, GW. You've got all our (silent) support :-)

    Elizabeth Rees

    ReplyDelete