Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Gradual progress

So I finished Spider-Girl Issue #9 last night, which I'll tell you is currently called Double Life. Dun-dun-daaaah!! Yeah I know, that reveals practically nothing, but that's sort of the point... heh.

Took a little longer to finish than I expected, this issue, but I think that might be partially because it's a new arc, so I'm finding my feet with it - and the plot is totally new, too, as I threw out my original Enforcers idea and went with something different (as previously mentioned). I'm looking forward to where this arc's going, but this first issue (of four, probably, for the arc) is mostly just setup. The big payoffs will come in the following issues. Anyway, I wanted to let you know it's still rolling.

In other writing, I've also written a bit more recently on Project T, and that's looking better, too. It's been on the backburner for a while as I've concentrated on Project SG (Spider-Girl) but I wanted to get working on it again. I've replotted the ending, and it's a lot tighter than before... so I'll just keep plugging away at it. I'm planning to release this as one big piece, but as I'm maybe half way through it, with 15k words written, it'll be a while before it surfaces. What I'm absolutely not going to do is release half of it, or something. It's not a serial, it's one piece, and I'm not falling into the 'release a bit of it to get feedback' trap again.

If you're wondering what Project T is about, by the way... well I'm not going to tell you. I will tell you it's primarily focused on male-to-female masking, and that it's more 'R' rated (that's 18 for us Brits, and sorry, I don't know movie ratings elsewhere!) than SG. The story isn't exactly earth-shatteringly original, but I think it's running quite nicely, and I'm enjoying it. Tonally (Wanky Writer Alert!) it's completely different from SG, which is a really nice change when writing.

In fact, I think I'll go tinker with it now. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. When you say that project T will be the complete opposite of Spider-girl do mean that as in content wise or that the main character who would be male in project T will be the opposite of Spider-girl meaning different personality, reasons, or motivations. Regardless I can't wait to read it or to find out more about what will happen next in project SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there - well, I don't mean 'complete opposite' literally. (Can't quite imagine how that'd work, really.)

    Project T could be seen as a more 'traditional' mask fiction story (although the 'T' doesn't stand for traditional...!). It's a boy-becomes-girl story, with plenty of kinky situations in there.

    For me, it's very different from Spider-Girl because of the tone, as I mentioned. Project T is more straight and less comic book; it's more graphic and less coy. It's also a one-off, so there's less concern in my head about continuity.

    Anyway, I'll keep writing 'em, hope you keep reading 'em!

    ReplyDelete