Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Cold

As I feared, my contracted cold is slowing me down a bit. I have started on Issue #8 as I hoped to, but progress has been slow. Although there has been progress.

It hasn't been helped by the fact that I'm trying to re-plot issues 9-10, and I've ended up throwing everything I had out and starting from scratch. Plotting is hard. Did I mention that?

Start with trying to use original Spider-Man stories as basic plot outlines. Check. Then try to completely re-jigger them to work with Betty Brant, who has none of the same neuroses or plot elements as Peter Parker. Uh, check. Finally, add enough 'kinky' elements that'll keep me - and you - interested. Hmmm. Check. It's like rewriting Shakespeare, making a supporting character the main character, and then adding erotic elements while still keeping the basic plot.

And did I just compare Stan Lee and Steve Ditko to Shakespeare? Why yes I did.

Off to sniff and cough at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment