Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Checking in

I almost checked in with you folks last night, as I was attempting to drunk-write, and was going to talk about that experience. But surprisingly after the fog began to roll in I began to get used to the restricted vision, and the ability to write came back. Not before I'd written this sentence though:
Peter Parker paced the perimeter of his paltry parlour as he planned for his partner's presence.

Do you think Stan Lee was ever tempted to do the same? I swear it makes sense in the context of the story. But booze may have had something to do with its creation.

So, Spider-Girl #9 is rolling along, about two-thirds done I think. Not as fast as I like, due to various work hassles leaving me in no mood to create recently, but I'm pushing through.

I'm starting to think that there's really something to the argument that there's no such thing as writer's block - just writers who block. In other words, there's no special force preventing you from writing. It's just you. And sometimes you do literally have to sit at the keyboard for a couple of hours to make that blockage shift. I also find Senokot helps. (If that works too well, try some Imodium AD.)

The point is, sometimes I haven't felt like I was 'in the mood' to write, sat down to do it, and gotten good stuff. Otherwise I feel creative, sit down, and nothing comes out. (It helps then to switch over to things like plots. Sometimes writing is just getting it down, while plotting needs the real creative ideas. Sometimes.)

Anyway. Issue #9, as I say, is almost done. I would imagine it'll be finished before I realise Issue #4, but I also doubt I'm going to be able to keep to a 'finish an issue, release an issue' schedule for all sorts of reasons. So hopefully, look for Issue #4, featuring the final fate of the Chameleon, this weekend on Maskingwriter.

I think that'll do it. Thanks to everyone who voted on the poll, either here or on Maskingwriter. Keep your comments and emails coming, especially if you've got ideas or suggestions for stuff in Spider-Man history that might work well for Spider-Girl.

Oh, and for those of you totally uninterested in Betty Brant, even if she is a mistress of disguise, I'm working on Project T on and off, too. That's pretty much the opposite of SG.

2 comments: