Friday, August 10, 2007

Oooh, dear

Just logged in and saw that I haven't touched any of my writing since the 6th. Two whole days without a single word being written. Oooh. Not good. Why the break? You really want to know? You probably do. You ain't gonna like it though....

I had what I described as a 'perfect storm' of gadgets happen to me earlier in the week, and it consumed me for a bit. First, a (very) shiny new MacBook Pro, courtesy of my work. (I first asked for a Mac when I joined, so it took just under three years; not bad really.) Behold the shininess!

Alright, I'll admit it, some of the shiny might come from the flash. But not much. Of course, this shouldn't affect the writing much, really - in fact I hope the opposite is true, as the true spirit of Apple takes me and I find myself possessed by the muse, wearing a beret, and hanging out in coffee shops sipping a perpetual espresso.

Of course, the fact that re-learning how to do everything (just posting that picture took me 15 minutes of work) shows you that some adjustments may have to be made.

This isn't what you should worry about though, folks. Worry about the fact that despite me doing so well this year, writing so much more than I ever have... I've gone and got myself a distraction. Yes: I also now own an Xbox 360.

This will be an interesting test of willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment