Friday, August 03, 2007

Heads up

This is a quick post to give you advance notice that I can't guarantee Spider-Girl #12 will go online this weekend. I know I've left you all hanging on anxiously, but don't get too excited. The next issue wraps up the whole Doc Ock arc, and while I hope you like it, I doubt you'll like it as much as #11. I know I sure as hell didn't like writing it as much.

Anyway, I have quite a few things to do this weekend and also I know I'll want to take some time to edit and polish #12, so I'm just saying right now that I can't guarantee it'll appear in the next two days. Just FYI.

Elsewhere, I've been enjoying moving forward with Project T, which sits in another tab at just over 28k words now. I don't think I've said this before specifically, but I generally aim for a PG-13 (in US parlance) sort of rating with Spider-Girl... there's quite a lot of talk about sex, and implied sex, and occasional actual sex... but it's not full-on, Technicolor sex. Nor are there curse words - y'know, to save the kids.

Well, it's nice to occasionally write full-on Technicolor sex and use as many curse-words as I like, put it that way....

Oh! Also, I came up with something entirely brand new in the ol' shower this morning. By the time I'd had breakfast the idea was pretty much locked. However, I had another thought this evening which I thought I'd run by you.

This story idea could basically have a character in it that's a female, masking as another female. Or, it could be a man, masking as a woman. Then it hit me; maybe it could be both. It might be fun to actually write two different endings to the story - or two different second halves, I guess - and let you choose your preferred kink.

Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know. Got no idea when I might get to writing said idea, but hey. We'll call it Project B for now.

6 comments:

  1. Hiya Ghostly!

    I know you'll get Issue 12 to us as soon as you can. Editing is always a pain in the neck, I do enough of it to know. The headway you're making on Project T is promising. I know we'll all enjoy it when you do release it.

    Project B sounds like a solid idea. I'd definately read all possible versions.

    I had an idea for the Spider Girl Saga. Again it's just an idea and offered up just to perhaps help in a small way to play muse. What if the Molten Man wasn't a man? Spider-girl needs a female villain and the Molten man would be a perfect choice if infact you changed the gender from the outset. in the comics he gained his powers in a lab accident. Why couldn't that happen to a woman as easily as a man? Then later on her mask use could be used more as a weapon against Spider Girl then just as a plot hook. Just a notion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh (Molten) Man, you really do love that walking lava flow, don't you? ;)

    I've been catching up on my Essential volumes recently, and honestly, I haven't read a single Molten Man story that I thought was any good. He's just... so lame. He's basically like the evil Human Torch without the good powers (he can't fly, can't shoot flame... he's just on fire!!).

    I promise I'll read up on him in the MarvelDB, but I don't think changing his sex will make me want to write about the guy... or gal. We'll see.

    I do, as always, appreciate the suggestion though. I have many, many disguise using villains to come though, never fear. We'll get to 'em. Some sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well he was my first exposure to masking (So to speak) so despite being a lame thug he holds a special place in my imagination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-ha, well in that case, I can see why you have a soft spot for the guy... sorta like me and Spider-Girl. ;)

    I'll see what I can do, but no promises... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the best, Ghostly. Thanks. :)
    I'll enjoy whatever you write up on this project or any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sheyd - I have a vague idea for Molten Man... if you want to discuss, drop me an email (ghostlywriter //at\\ g mail dot com).

    If you don't, well that's fine too. I just don't want to tip the idea here before it's refined. :)

    ReplyDelete