Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's good to talk

I highly appreciate everyone who writes to me - in email, comments or IMs - and I hope you keep doing so.

Kind of an out-of-the-blue statement, maybe, but I've been thinking about it. There have been some days recently when I've been anxious to talk about my inner thoughts, inevitably intertwined with my fetishes, and of course in those cases the only people I can go to are people like you - people I know online. While I may never have met any of you, and may never do so (Kind of a sad thought, in a way) it helps me enormously knowing you're there.

In some cases you're just an amorphous 'thing' - an audience member, a person who I know will appreciate a piece of writing. In other cases you're identifiable people, people I've gotten to know over months or years of correspondence, who I'm able to talk about very specific, precise and personal things. That is really incredible to me. While I love my wife, and can talk to her about anything including this - she doesn't really get it. Which is fine; I don't need her to. Some days, though, I just need to talk about this stuff, and sometimes I need to do it in exacting, nerdy detail!

For those times - past and future - thank you to those who have listened, and to those who have responded, whether it's been somewhere like this, in an email, or an IM conversation. It's always welcome and I hope it is for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment