Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A peek at my folders

As I may or may not have mentioned before, I'm using Google Docs & Spreadsheets to write with now. I like it a lot, because it lets me write with all the tools I generally need (word count, spell check, etc) and generates simple files when I'm done. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good for a free web app. (Biggest limitation is, of course, that it's on the web - but I haven't had much need to do offline writing for a while.)

Today Google updated Docs & Spreadsheets with a new look, which was a pretty big surprise when I logged in, considering I've been looking at the same interface for over six months, I think. So when I saw the new layout I thought I'd give you a peek at what I see every day when I sit down to write - click to make big:

My Google Docs & Spreadsheets screen
Yeah, I obscured some stuff in there. C'mon, you're not the kind of kid who opened their presents before Christmas morning, are ya? No, of course you're not... just keeping a few things hidden before they're ready to be revealed. Had to rename a few folders too - ain't I a stinker?

Alright, off to bed. I have a feeling I'll be turning over the Brant family tree in my head a few times before I drift off.

No comments:

Post a Comment