Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Purring right along

Work on Project SG is proceeding much faster than I expected, which feels fantastic. I blew through over 7,000 words in a day on this past weekend, and I've added another 7,000 since then. To put this in perspective, I literally was stuck on previous chapters for years. So this feels like lightspeed writing by comparison.

Part of the reason is that I'm not just writing erotic scene after erotic scene, and that there's plenty of character stuff... much of which revolves around erotic stuff, and thoughts about sexuality and masking and disguise and deception. But still. It's considerably easier to write. A lot like action scenes, sex scenes can get really tough to do without sounding shit... although unlike action scenes, I usually find I have a very good personal system to determine if a sex scene is working or not. (Now you know, non-writers, why erotic fiction takes so damn long to write. Frequent breaks. I find a wife helps with that....)

Anyway, just wanted to say to the world "Woo-hoo, I'm writing!" and then get back to it. By the way, has anyone guessed what Project SG is yet? I'm willing to guess it'll disappoint a few people, but ah, who cares - I'm having a blast....

No comments:

Post a Comment