Saturday, March 24, 2007

Not... quite... feeling it.

Grrrrr.

Originally, I thought I might end up calling this post "Games do not help you write" which is something I know about intimately. However, instead of stating the bloody obvious (Substitute any other activity instead of 'games' - doing anything except writing doesn't help you write...) I'll give you an insight into recent writing.

I'm pressing on with Issue #7 of Spider-Girl (aka Project SG) and it's going... okay, although as the subject suggests it's not going great. I'm a couple of thousand words in, which isn't as fast as I'd like, but then games have been distracting me recently. Worse though, I have that feeling as I type away that it's not quite as a good as I want it to be.

Partially, that's because I'm 'out of my groove' thanks to my extended non-writing foray. It's like exercise - if you don't do it for a few days, getting back into it is a lot harder. I don't think it's the plot; I've managed to rework things after my previous tweaking so that there's a lot more kinky moments in this one than were originally planned. It might just be character fatigue; getting bored of writing the same folk over again. I think it's more likely to be all of the above, but not being in the groove of it - not hitting my stride - is my biggest annoyance.

What's more annoying, though, is that I know the cure. It's writing. I just need to sit and keep going and going until I'm through that feeling and I'm into it again. What's annoying me about that, though (apart from the fact that I know what the cure is, I'm just not doing it right now) is that I've got too much other stuff going on today for me to be able to just sit down and write.

And writing this just makes me realise I should salvage every moment I do have. So, catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment