Sunday, July 13, 2008

New release: Spider-Girl, issue #20

The Chameleon has finally been caught; Betty's mission is at an end. Unfortunately for her, growing feelings for Barbara mean that leaving this dimension may not be as easy as she had hoped....


Issue #20: Legends of the Dark Knight
Download from Maskingwriter (Yahoo! Group)
Get the latest issue immediately at steekr

The Chameleon's locked up. Betty's done what she came to do. So what could delay her? What could possibly keep her in Gotham? Perhaps the love of a good woman... or a man who looks like a woman...? There's still a few twists in this tale yet.

Every single plot line from this arc (that I could think of... I certainly hope I didn't miss any) is wrapped up in this issue, which does mean there's a fair bit of exposition, but also plenty of sexy stuff too. If you really want to immerse yourself in the entire arc, I'd recommend re-reading everything (yep, everything - from issue #14) and I'm pretty sure you'll start to see the connections. It was, believe it or not, pretty much all planned.

Issue #20 marks the end of the road for Betty Brant's 'crossover' into another dimension, and the end of this arc. It's also time for me to pause in the tale of Spider-Girl, but that doesn't mean the series is done - far from it, I hope. For now though, I expect I'll be working on something else for a while. What will that be? I'm not entirely sure myself. Things are cookin'. We'll see what comes to the boil first.

I'm afraid of course that does mean, you won't be getting served up 13-20K words a week of new material! I'll still be around though, so if you want to get in touch, leave a comment or drop me an email.

There may be a couple of posts exploring this arc, by the way; I found the process of writing this quite fascinating, as well as taxing, exciting and trying at times. So if you're interested, I'll waffle at some point.

Remember if you haven't read all the issues of this arc yet everything's available, both at Maskingwriter (membership required) and now via steekr (just click and get the issues). If you enjoy, please do leave a comment below, and click on an ad for me.

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic end to the series. Kudos, GW.


    JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. For clarification, by "series", i meant "story arc". I definitely don't want this to be the end!


    JF

    ReplyDelete
  3. best masking yet. can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The series definitely isn't over yet. It will be on hiatus for a while, though.

    ReplyDelete