Saturday, April 28, 2007

Particular kinks

It's Saturday, and the wife has gone out for the day, leaving this particularly horny devil alone. So what's a guy to do? Spend time contemplating his navel, of course.

I don't know about you but when I'm 'feeling it' and I'm not in the mood to write (which sometimes doesn't happen when I'm just plain horny, to be honest) I end up wandering the web a lot, often coming back to the same haunts. I expect my stops are much the same as many of you; from YouTube to Yahoo! Groups and back again, with a few side-trips to the odd kinky site.

What I've always found interesting is that there are so many subtle variations on the 'big' fetishes, and that they often have devoted followings. For example I'm very much into my superheroines, as I'm sure will be no surprise to you. Particularly, I'm into superheroine transformations, although more specifically than that I enjoy watching women getting dressed as superheroines. The reason the image at the top of the blog holds so much power over me (of Betty masking as Spider-Girl) is because it's a transformation using clothing.

I'm getting this specific, by the way, because I know there are some people out there who enjoy superheroine transformations, but specifically a la Wonder Woman TV show (spinning, flash of light etc) and She-Hulk (growing stronger and bigger; this links into the superheroines-as-powerful women thing). So already, I'm in a niche of a niche.

It's much the same thing with mask fiction, of course. Although there's plenty of female-to-female mask fiction (and I'm writing it!) generally speaking mask fiction often includes transgender elements. But we're a niche of general TG and TV fiction, a niche which I'm sure plenty of people have no interest in. What I'm writing in Spider-Girl is even more specific; superheroine mask fiction, and specifically F2F. Sometimes it amazes me anyone's even interested in this stuff, as it's so specific.

Then again, the more I look around this world wide web of ours the less I get surprised. It's the connections I find fascinating. Take superheroines: the majority of fetish sites seem to focus on bondage situations (Superheroines in Bondage), or girls-in-peril type stuff (Superheroines Demise). There have been a couple of sites starting recently (like SuperSexyHeroines) where the peril is diminished or even not there at all, but they tend to favour the 'powerful woman' model, which is epitomised in 'musclewomen' sites. There are actually precious few, if any, sites where the prime focus is on superheroine transformations; this has led to me over the years buying subscriptions for sites where I have no interest in the primary subject matter (peril sites, especially) just to find the few photos or videos where a gorgeous gal is pulling on her costume.

There's a popular theory these days which I happen to subscribe to - the idea of the 'Long Tail' where essentially every single taste in the world will eventually be catered to, as more and more of us come together via the internet. Ten years ago when I first found Kerry's home page (with her in Spider-Woman costume and latex mask), and realised that (ye gods) I was not alone in my weird fetish, I never would have thought that today we'd be getting closer and closer to commercial companies taking my fetish on as a money making idea. We've seen it start in Asian countries - it's only a matter of time before it comes over here.

I'll stop here before I start banging a familar drum. But that's just what's on my mind today. What's your thoughts? Do you find your own particular kinks well catered for out there, or do you find yourself wandering the web looking for interesting stops?

No comments:

Post a Comment