Wednesday, April 13, 2016

What 'A Lie Within A Lie' is, and what it isn't

I've been a bit hesitant to write this post, but I decided in the end I needed to be honest and open. Here's the TL;DR version:

Don't buy A Lie Within A Lie expecting a retread of Practice to Deceive. It's a different book with a different 'feel', and for some, it might not be exactly what you want. Specifically: it doesn't contain transformation scenes from the protagonist's point of view.

Here's my longer thoughts. I think A Lie Within A Lie is a great story, and sexy as hell. So do my early readers (stick around for some quotes). I hope you trust me, and I hope you love the book. But, I wanted to be clear about this so no-one buys it and then screams at me for not making it obvious. (I tried to do what I could with the description, although that might have passed some by.)

To get more technical for a second: A Lie Within A Lie was always, always going to be the story of a man being seduced by a 'woman' who could potentially be any woman he desired. Ergo, the protagonist of the story - our main character - was going to be the man, in this case, Ethan, the teenager who meets a very special woman while on vacation. Our antagonist (sort of, if we're splitting dramatic hairs here) would be said 'woman', who's introduced as Marla in the story.

While I know many of you enjoy mask fiction for the thrill of imagining that you are the person able to transform themselves, that's not the only attraction for me of the fetish. I've had the fantasy that Ethan has for pretty much my entire life; that's why I wrote the book. (Strictly speaking my fantasy was for a woman beneath the mask, but then again, I cater to the audience! Yes, I know some of you want F2F... I did write 25 'issues' of Spider-Girl fanfic after all.) I am guessing many of you will feel the same way. And I'm also guessing as a result, you'll enjoy the book.

I'll also point out that while part 1 - The Singer - is light on transformation scenes, part 2 - The Spy - is heavier. And kinkier. In all sorts of ways.

Speaking of which, I'd better get back to it. But I'll leave you with this. If, for example, you pre-ordered A Lie Within A Lie and then read the book and were deeply disappointed, please let me know, or get a refund. But please, only do that if you're really, deeply disappointed. And I doubt you will be. Fingers crossed for you.

Oh I almost forgot! Those quotes. Here's a few!

From Sally Bend's review over at Bending the Bookshelf (you can't see, but I'm blushing here):
There is a passion for detail here that you do not often come across in even the most polished, professionally published erotic literature. Ghostly Writer makes the reader see and feel each aspect of the disguise, painting a series of vivid pictures that amaze as they arouse. Readers with a fetish for masking, dollification, female impersonation, or simple crossdressing will find a lot to admire and appreciate here. The sex is equally succulent, vibrant and intense, but never vulgar. Given how many genders are sometimes mixed in a single intimate encounter, it really is a story that crosses orientations as well as genders.
From Victor G, AKA 'the man who wrote The Substitute before I came in and messed it up':
Yet again, Ghostly Writer proves why he is the "Godfather of Online Female Mask Fiction". His detailed, erotic transformation scenes are some of the best-written I've ever read.
Last but not least, from fellow mask fiction author, Circe:
Brilliantly imaginative, deliciously erotic, and full of suspense this story is a masterclass of the genre - read it now!
Hopefully that's enough to tide you over. I would absolutely love to hear what you think of A Lie Within A Lie, and look forward to reading your reviews, too! (Oh and in case you hadn't heard, it's on sale now. Ish.)

6 comments:

  1. OMG, simply amazing hun, I couldn't stop reading once I started and yes I finished it and can't wait for the second book now..... When I get a chance I will leave a review on amazon. But you have a great talent for writing so please don't stop. Oh and I can't wait to see what trouble our two can get into in mom's closet giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say in the first five chapters I enjoyed "Marla" being male, but after that, I would "Marla" to be female because I am not into male to male relationships. Now here is the problem, when is the second part going to be out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assure you, Marla seems female in every way, even during sex as Ethan can attest to... right up until she's not.

      I'm a bit confused though; you said you enjoyed Marla being male, but then you wanted her to be female? I totally understand the male-to-male preference and actually, probably should have made that clearer.

      Sounds like you still want to read on, though. You realize Marla doesn't turn into a 'real' woman in Part 2? :)

      I will tell you there are male-to-female sex scenes in 2, though. ;)

      As for when - I need to get back to it! Being sick recently has slowed me down. I'm about 50% through editing but it's double the size of Part 1. So I push on!

      Delete
    2. I know I will cause some confusion, my bad. I cannot really explain my feelings about this. Maybe the transformation is what makes me enjoying Marla being male, but when those two main characters are really in love(um... are they?) I prefer a male-female relationship. Finally, Of course I want to read on, I am cancelling my kindle unlimited soon, so I might buy your book(both part) after that. I want to ask if "the substitute" involve technology disguise(in this A Lie Within A Lie) or just regular ones (in the original book).

      Delete
    3. Ah, I think I know what you mean now. Yeah, that was a conscious decision. I can see your point, though.

      The Substitute is going to be faithful to the original in terms of how the disguises are done, so Darien uses a mask, padding etc to create his disguise in that.

      Delete