Sunday, January 13, 2013

Scratching at 65K on Housesitting

I'm at just below 65,000 words on Housesitting. It's been a busy week/ten days and I did not get as much writing done as I'd like - in fact I guess if you look at my last entry, I've averaged 500 words a day, which is below what I want. That said, it's going fine, and I'm still moving forward.

Dealing with some tricky scenes recently, trying to ensure character reactions feel 'true' and the plot doesn't feel contrived. I've thrown myself one big curve ball which I'm trying to figure out, to ensure that the plot resolves in a way that makes sense and also, frankly, is kind of sexy....

In the meantime though - going back today to rewrite a big scene that's pretty pivotal. Hopefully it'll turn out well. Wish me luck. Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment