Monday, December 03, 2012

Project target: Housesitting

This is a screenshot of today's project target for Housesitting:


Good day (well, morning) writing wise. I subscribe to the theory that when you sit down to write, it's a 'good session' if you manage to complete 1,000 words or more. That might sound like a lot, but when you're 'in the zone' it's pretty easy to churn them out. Today was one of those days, so that felt good.

You might have noticed something else: my deadline, as well as my projected word count. While it started as a short story, Housesitting has expanded, and about a month ago I decided to make it a full-fledged project - a novel, in the strictest definition of the term. I added a few plot twists and some other fun stuff to my overall plan, and now I feel pretty confident I can get to that word count without it feeling stretched. If I'm lucky, it'll go longer than that.

I share this with you because I've decided enough is enough. I'm fed up of my inner critic preventing me from finishing stuff and I'm fed up of complaining about it. So this is what I'm pledging to myself and also to you, as a potential consumer: Housesitting will be complete (at least in first draft) by March 1st, 2013. It'll be available to buy (yes, buy - it will not be free) sometime shortly after that.

More soon.

4 comments:

  1. Wow commitment! Definitely looking forwards to that release date then. :)

    -Zerogouki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are pushing forward with Housesitting. But do I care enough to buy it when it's finished?

    Yes, I do. Hopefully lots of others will do too.

    ReplyDelete