Sunday, August 29, 2010

New release: Spider-Girl, issue #21

Betty has finally returned from Gotham City, having helped cage the Chameleon once more. In her absence, Susan Storm, AKA the Invisible Girl, 'kept up appearances' as Spider-Girl - and in the process, may have gotten Betty into more trouble than she'd like....

Issue #21: Imaginary Friends
Download from Maskingwriter (Yahoo! Group)

Unbelievable! A new issue! Only two years after the last one! This is getting to be like real comics with these delays! Seriously, for the one or two of you who still care... thank you for waiting!

The good news for you stalwart fans is that this arc is seriously advanced, with about two, almost three more issues in the can. (It's hard to tell just how many as I'm juggling what goes where right now. Aiming for it to be three more issues but it might stretch to four.) So I'm hoping to release following issues, probably once a fortnight, until this arc is done.

After that - I warn you in advance - the series is probably going to go on hiatus again as I try and switch focus back to my novel-in-progress. This was just an itch I had to scratch and hopefully this will scratch it, at least for a while.

Getting back to this issue; this picks up right where the 'Crossover' arc left off, so if you haven't read that in a while (say, two years) you might want to refresh your memory before diving back in. This issue ties up a few things but also sets the stage for the introduction of a classic villain... you'll see exactly who at the end of the issue.

As usual, all the back issues are available at Maskingwriter (membership required). Going forward I'm not going to be using steekr - I never got any feedback on it, and I have other methods in the works to get the issues to you outside of Yahoo!. (BTW if you've tried to sign up to Maskingwriter and got rejected, it was by me. I assure you it only happens if your age isn't displayed in your profile.)

Last but not least - if you enjoy, please do leave a comment below, and click on an ad - thank you!

7 comments:

  1. It was worth the wait.

    I really wish Susan had become the Chameleon as Peter. That would've been an interaction to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, darnit! Now that WOULD have been good.

    Well, stay tuned, because you will... sort of... get what you want soon enough. (And also, I'll file that away. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part of internet fiction is the ability to make your own changes, something you can't do with books. Of course, it's not as good as if you'd done it, but I did rewrite a bit of that scene to see what would happen if Susan did put on the Chameleon mask.

    Sometimes I find that writing 'one-off' chapters helps me to get into the heads of my characters - a short side-story that is unrelated to the main plot, but puts my characters into a 'what-if' situation. Something to do when I don't feel like working on a big plot, but still want to contribute to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, GW! Excited for what's next. How's The Babysitter the going?


    JF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babysitter is on hold while I finish up this arc. I did look at it today though and am anxious to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy you're back with new Spider-Girl. Maybe I'll get around to posting some stuff I've written soon. You never know...

    The Grey Orchid

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Grey Orchid: I hope you do. I really liked your stories - especially Scott's Story.

    ReplyDelete