Monday, August 02, 2010

Fave Betty bits?

I'm writing issue #23 of BBSSG* right now, and for reasons I won't go into for fear of spoiling it, I'm referring to a lot of the previous issues to make sure I get details right.

One of the pleasures for me of having, well, quite a lot of issues behind me is that I get to revisit favorite pieces of writing and, usually to my surprise, find they don't suck. I've written so much of this stuff I genuinely forget whole scenes.

Got me to wondering: what are some of your fave bits of the series? (This is of course, assuming you've even read it. If for some strange reason you tuned in during the last two years - which we'll refer to as the Great GW Drought from now on - then this might not make any sense. And if you do intend to read the series over at Maskingwriter, well, huge spoilers below.)

Some of mine?
  • The Chameleon becoming Betty, in issue #1
  • Betty and Susan getting it on for the first time in issue #3
  • Betty's gradual transformation into Gwen, as she seduces Peter, in issue #6
  • Betty and Susan getting it on for the second time in issue #7
  • The Green Goblin's defeat in issue #8
  • Betty becoming Gwen full-time in issue #9
  • Betty becoming her brother, Bennett, in issue #11
  • Betty invoking the Chameleon in issue #12
  • The Chameleon becoming Catwoman in issue #15
  • Betty becoming Batgirl in issue #17
  • Catwoman's seduction of Barbara Wayne in issue #18
... and as they say on the commercials, many, many more. Any of these ring bells? Any other scenes you particularly enjoyed?

* BBSSG = Betty Brant, the Sensational Spider-Girl. I'm careful in referring to the series by acronym, mostly, because frankly I don't need the Google traffic.

4 comments:

  1. Betty and batgirl.... My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Issue #17? Cool. I have a feeling that was a scene that just sort of 'happened' as I was writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bennett bit, and Betty-as-Chameleon. I like F2M masking... Wish I could see Betty disguised as more villains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the lesser-known F2M masking fan! :)

    There's some stuff coming up that I think you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete