Sunday, December 27, 2009

Poser comics?

Actually, here's a thought.

I've been seeing some good work with Poser recently, mostly over at DeviantArt. If you haven't checked out ElenaEvil's semi-regular series that deals with the Baroness from G.I. Joe (well, mostly) then you should; there's whole lot of masking and kinkiness going on in there. With some better captions/writing, I think it'd be really something. (And that's no slight to Elena as author - they're from Italy so I don't think English is their first language.)

Anyway. Is there anyone out there reading who'd be interested in collaborating on a Poser-created masking comic?

I'd supply the plot (although, I'd be happy to collaborate) and the words generally, you'd provide the Poser, the posing, the textures, the rendering and so on. Obviously we'd share credit.

It's something I'm sort of tempted to take on myself, but I just know that learning and working with Poser would be such a massive time-sink, that I could probably finish a novel or two in the time it takes me to make anything good. (I had a version of Poser years and years ago, and it took me forever just to render one image to a standard I was happy with.)

Anyway, consider this a standing offer. If you're a Poser artist already and like the idea of doing something with masks or disguises - doesn't have to be sexually explicit, either - then let me know. Perhaps we can make beautiful comics together.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried asking Mr. T yet?

    He runs the maskingcomics groups and he is actually a rather skilled poser artist. He's really eager and enthusiastic about creating comics from other people's story ideas. He sometimes goes on the maskingwriter group and asks if anyone has any stories ideas they would like to see him craft into a comic. He is constantly looking for new ideas.

    So you might want to try asking him he would most likely accept the opportunity.

    B. N.

    ReplyDelete