Monday, January 21, 2008

Writing projects update... January

So I think I might do these semi-regularly from now on... the first two got a lot of traffic. Hopefully not just from people who are basically not at all interested in Spider-Girl and are looking for other stuff....

Anyway for anyone who's not read one of these before, here's what I'm either thinking about, plotting or possibly even writing at the moment that I'm not talking about extensively. Everything gets assigned a letter, just to confuse me. There's no guarantee anything here will ever see the light of day, but if something catches your imagination... let me know.

Project T hasn't been worked on for a while (bear in mind before I came back to Spider-Girl recently, I hadn't worked on anything since September), but just so you know, it's at just under 50,000 words... and I think could well be double that when it's done. I basically think it's a novel, now. I won't be releasing it until it is done, either - with the exception of serial stuff like Spider-Girl, that has no fixed ending, I'm trying not to release parts of things if they're not finished. Just FYI.

Anyway, the writing of that has been a lot of fun. I got past a major, major scene a while back which had been in my head forever, and when it was down on paper I felt so close to it I couldn't even tell if it was any good. I sent it to an 'independent adjudicator' and I'm happy to report he gave it a glowing report card. So hey, I know at least one part of it is good.

As I've said before, but just for the record, this is a male-to-female story involving bodysuits.

Other stuff I've actually written words for; several years ago Victor and I sort-of collaborated on a story I called Housesitting, which we never finished, although I have about 12,500 words of it done. Frankly I was never that happy with the plot that we came up with, and yesterday I finally re-plotted the whole thing (hence my post on plotting).

I'm a lot happier with the potential for it now; it seems a lot sturdier to me, with some interesting interactions I've never written before. (For 'interactions' you can also read 'sex' if you like.) I can see myself tapping away at this for a bit and seeing how it goes. This is another male-to-female story, but more traditional - a kid imitating his mother using a mask.

I mentioned Love Hotel before... I will finish this one day, but honestly I've got to be in the right mood. What's written of it was done in 2001 in a hotel on a business trip... perhaps the next time I'm alone in a foreign clime with time on my hands I'll get it done. (And I do have a potential trip in the first half of this year....) I'd like to tell you what it involves, but it'd spoil the surprises....

Father Knows Best, some of you will remember I'm sure. (Three parts were released a few years ago, but I never finished it - dammit.) I really want to finish this but I still don't know what the hell the ending is. It might just need a complete re-plotting session, like Housesitting... I'll try and do that, we'll see what I come up with.

Moving on to stuff that's plotted, or semi-plotted, but not written at all... I have a complete outline for what should in theory be a 'short' but knowing me it won't be! Lemme see... I guess that would be Project A, but I know that'll confuse me so let's just give it a working title - Anita. Believe it or not this is a female-to-male story, with some other stuff I won't spoil. Any interest?

What else, jeez... I guess there's Project TNG, which is long, has a very complex plot and would be a huge challenge to write, as previously mentioned. I still don't have an ending for that damn thing so it'll probably stay untouched until I figure that out. It's primarily female-to-female, but has female-to-male stuff in there too.

I mentioned something called Project B before, and just to allow you to connect the dots, that's actually The Babysitter (a working title) which I talked about the inspiration for a little while back. So re-read that post and imagine if you like. (Or even better, suggest your 'Holy cow, my babysitter is actually a masked hottie' fantasies to me and give me some material.)

Project TSL is my serial story, the one inspired by The Black Widow. I do want to do this, but plotting it is actually a lot harder than expected. I will get to it, but the plot needs to be totally done, and I'd be writing it in either 9 or 13 parts, so that's quite a lot of plot. Wait and see.

And finally... Project AC isn't dead, but it sure isn't very alive either. Frankly I can't see myself working on it until Spider-Girl is done... so that's a loooong way away. But never say never. Project G... uhh, we should probably forget about that. It'd be huge, and it's an idea without a story, really, and would need researching and... life's too short.

That's it. If you want to see any other post where I talk about these projects, then helpfully, they're all filed under 'projects'.

3 comments:

  1. please tell me project tng stands for "the next generation" as in star trek.

    -JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you don't seriously want that. ;)

    (If you do, you'd better give me one hell of a good idea to get over my natural dislike of Star Trek...)

    For the record: 'TNG', in this case, definitely does not stand for 'The Next Generation' and it has zero to do with Star Trek. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so many awesome descriptions and hints at what is to come or could come. Can't wait.

    MB

    ReplyDelete