Monday, March 19, 2007

"Shut up and release something, dammit!"

I'm sorta surprised no-one has said this as of yet, but then I'm also not surprised in the slightest. Remember folks, Internet anonymity isn't just for message board trolls and n00b flamerz in the latest FPS - it's for us deviant (but generally totally well adjusted and actually quite nice really) types too!

Anyway, in answer to the question that I know you're asking of me (silently)... I will be releasing some actual genuine fiction at some point in the near-ish future. I know you're grinding your teeth as you endure another blog post from me postulating on the writing process or whatever; I understand. You need to release that tension. Hint. Hint.

It'll happen soon. What'll come first will be a re-posting of some old stuff (some very old stuff, just to educate some of these young whippersnappers about who I am... dangnammit), then the original issues of Spider-Girl, and then some of the new issues. Not all; I want to keep ahead of myself.

And in case you're wondering when 'soon' is - well, it depends. I want to finish the current story arc I'm on. I'm about to start on issue #7 right now (the one I had so much 'fun' plotting this weekend) and assuming that doesn't stretch into issue #8 (and it might well do) then I'll start releasing new issues (from #3 onwards) when it's done. Can I fit more parentheses into this one paragraph (yes).

One thing that'll make all of you die-hard fans (cough) happy though. First two Spider-Girl issues, in total, currently stand at 12,205 words. Next four issues currently stand at 32,612 words.

50,000 here I come....

2 comments:

  1. That's great news. I really liked your stories... way back... when your first put them on the web. I have fairly high standards, and it's good to read work from someone who feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all about standards here, my friend. If there were quality controls for mask fiction, well, I'd probably be the person who wrote 'em.

    Half-formed, barely expressed ideas are welcome too of course. Sometimes they have much more life than things my tortured writer's brain can come up with.

    ReplyDelete