Sunday, March 04, 2007

Alphabet Projects

So, what the hell am I working on, apart from reducing my gut? A few things.

Because I'm a pretentious git, I'm not going to tell you their titles, but instead will assign each thing a Project name. And a letter. That way we all get confused together. ("Was that Project A, B or C?")

So here's the current lineup....

On the front burners:

Surprisingly, Project SG has come back to life. I didn't think this one was really dead, but considering I'd written myself into a corner not once, but twice on this, I wasn't sure if I'd ever move it forward. In the end I decided that the second corner could actually be seen as just a different take on things, and sprang forward from there. In other words, I let the characters do what the hell they wanted to do, and the results have been fun.

Been working on this one a lot this weekend, so stay tuned and you'll even find out what SG stands for (unless you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of what I've written, in which case you know already).

Project T is also progressing quite well, which is a very old idea that I finally got around to start telling. Not sure what made me progress with it. I can see one potentially huge stumbling block with this, which basically has the main action of the story being kind of boring to describe, believe it or not. So I'm sort-of plotting around that as best I can, but I haven't found the real 'spine' yet. God, I sound like a wanker... which is good, because I am.

On the side burners:

Project SF is half-written, but I'm not in a hurry to finish it because I don't think it'd ever be made. That should let you know it's a script. Anyone want to star?

Project TNG is a new idea, and no it's got nothing to do with Star Trek (Nerd alert!). The genesis for this one was a very simple image - a man revealing himself to be a woman - but from there it quickly became very, complicated. The plotting is already a big ol' document and as I continue to plot it, I get a bit worried I couldn't possibly ever sit down and write it. It doesn't help that the plot is positively labyrinthine, with more twists and turns than is usual, and I have this feeling that it's not one story... it's actually two, told from different perspectives.

Still. I like a challenge.

Project G hasn't really gotten to the point yet where I really want to write it. The idea is original, but it'd involve a fair bit of research and I'm not sure I'm anxious to do it. It has been partially plotted though, so I feel it's only reasonable to include it here.

On the back burners:

Everything else. Well duh. But seriously, this includes everything that's either half-written (step forward, Father Knows Best and Housesitting), abandoned just after birth (NightSpider... pfeh) at the vague idea stage (Project SWM, for example... really must write that one down) or sitting in a folder marked Do not share this with anyone, ever.

And there you have it. A bunch of stuff I may never even finish, but as of today, at least two of them are being worked on, actively. In one case, very actively. Doesn't mean you'll like what I finally finish, of course....

No comments:

Post a Comment