Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good and bad news

Good news: I finished Issue #7 of Spider-Girl (aka Project SG) today. This morning, in fact. In fact, I arrived at work late because I was finishing it. Lucky for me I'm pretty much my own boss, so no-one batted an eyelid. Or questioned my erection. (Kidding. Just seeing if you're awake.)

Good or bad news, depends on your point of view: As I figured, the storyline that was originally plotted to fit in Issue #7 will now extend into Issue #8. (If you're wondering, I try and keep each issue at between 7,000 and 9,000 words, or so. The first two issues were shorter than this, but then I was finding my voice, characters, etc etc. Hence me going back to re-edit and expand.) Anyway - yay, more new stuff in Issue #8, but boo, that means....

Bad news: It'll be a while longer before I release Issue #3 and beyond, because I still want to finish this particular arc before I release anything new. Why? Because I said so. And also because when I've finished this arc, I have a strong feeling I will need to re-plot the next arc (which isn't, frankly, sexed up (!) enough) before I get to the fifth arc that I have planned, which in my opinion, is an absolute doozy. I really don't think you'll expect what's going to happen in it. At all.

(Shit, I'm starting to sound like Mark Millar. Must stop that. Sorry, in-joke for comics nerds.)

So just to balance this all out, let's finish with some...

Good news: I'll definitely work on editing/expanding the first two issues this weekend, and then will release them on maskingwriter. (Anyone else got alternative release venues they'd like to see? Let me know in comments.) So that should hopefully whet your appetite for the new stuff.

Gotta run. Vote in the poll if you haven't already. And remind me to talk about arcs.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good news - that you're writing, and continuing to write. It's good that you are editing the earlier ones to work with the later stories. Good too, that you are planning to release several parts together. It's very frustrating when you get into the story, it's getting exciting, and then... that's it, and you have to wait who knows how long for a next part, which may not even come. It's very good that you are so jazzed about the story, it's very promising.

    - Elizaebeth Rees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz - great to hear from you, and thanks for all the positive vibes.

    I'm trying my hardest not to let people down this time - hence my striving to get out in front of the issues that I'll release. If only today's comic writers and editors would do the same thing. ;)

    Take care and come by to comment again! :)

    ReplyDelete