Wednesday, March 27, 2013

... so where the hell is it, then?

Over three weeks ago I told you I'd finished the first draft of Housesitting (which, day by day, is less likely to be called that, just FYI...). So where the hell is the book, right?

Well... life got in the way.

If I'd sat down and consulted a calendar I'd have realized that March was always going to be insanelu busy, and lo, it was - and even in the times/places I was hoping to sneak in a bit of editing and rewriting, it didn't happen.

Something else weird happened, too: when I actually started looking at the book, for a while, I kind of hated it. Went through a period of "What the hell have I done" and general guilt and self-loathing.

However, then I managed to get it onto my phone (via Kindle) and got it readable. And now, you know, I'm starting to see where I need to edit and how I need to tighten it up, etc etc. Which is good.

Still a road to go. But I'm about ready to get back on it. Perhaps another date will motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment