Sunday, February 03, 2013

Hoo-boy... 95K on Housesitting

This weekend was really, really frustrating writing wise - right up until it wasn't.

I have a lot on my mind work-wise at the moment, and a bad mental state regarding other stuff outside of your control isn't conducive to good writing. It didn't help that today I ended up making two round trips to my favorite coffee shop (once to retrieve my wallet from home) and when I finally got there, ready to write, found they'd closed early for the Super Bowl. (WHAT?! People need coffee!!)

Anyway, I found a niche in a chain coffee shop, plugged in, sipped my brew, and finally it started to come together.

Boom. Over 4,100 words. I was actually so close to 95K earlier tonight I wrote a quick scene just to get to it. A good day.

Do I think 110K will mark the end of the book? No, no I don't. I have at least three major, huge scenes left to go, and they tend to average 3-5K... that plus other 'stuff' and I'll be going beyond 110K, I'm sure of it. But hey! It's all good stuff going in at the end, including, I'm pretty sure... my first ever threesome. Uh-huh. We're cranking it to 11....

No comments:

Post a Comment