Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New release: Spider-Girl, issue #24

Working with Quentin Beck, AKA Mysterio, Liz Allen impersonated Spider-Girl in an attempt to catch the eye of Liz’s on-and-off boyfriend, Flash Thompson. Meanwhile Beck discovers Spider-Girl’s true identity as Betty Brant after discovering an accidental photo of her changing. After being caught and exposed by the real Spider-Girl, Liz swears to Beck that she will never impersonate Spider-Girl again... but Beck has other plans.

Issue #24: The Coming of Captain Spider
Download from Maskingwriter (Yahoo! Group)
Read it online on Google Drive (no login required)

Yep, I promised to get this out earlier but real life got in the way. No promises on when issue 25 will come around, but when it does, that'll be it for the current storyline.

Thanks for those who reached out privately about the last issue - as I got zero comments in public, as usual, I guess it was a smash hit. Bitter, me? Nah, just honest.

3 comments:

  1. I won't read this straight away, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Here's one vote of thanks, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ghostly,

    Jace from the maskingwriter group here. This is one of my favourite series, as a huge fan of masked females.

    One of my favourite issues so far was the Bennett arc, especially the first male masking that Betty pulled off. Building on that, when she masked as the Chameleon for the first time, was one of those rare moments where the character develops another layer of depth.

    I hope to see Betty explore that more. I'm also excited to see what will happen to Susan Storm.

    One thing I haven't seen much of are female villains. I feel like there's potential in continuing the alternate-universe by introducing a female version of a male villain, maybe someone to rival Betty in disguise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What will happen to Susan Storm, indeed. I could hint, but I think you'd guess. Suffice to say I have plans....

    Yeah, we haven't seen many female villains; did Catwoman count? Part of the issue, I guess, is that generally I've been trying to stay within the Spider-Man canon, and there aren't too many female villains there. I did consider giving the Chameleon a daughter... but it felt too cheesy in the end.

    That said, I do have an idea. Just too early to discuss it.

    Do let me know what you think of 25 when I finally get to it.

    ReplyDelete