Friday, July 26, 2013

Practice to Deceive - so what did you think?

Well, this weekend will mark about three or so weeks since I put Practice to Deceive live on Amazon and later, Gumroad. A heartfelt thank you to all of you who've put down money and actually rewarded me for writing the book - I deeply appreciate it. No, I'm not about to buy a house or a new car, but sales are sales, and every one is welcome!

That said, apart from a couple of Amazon reviews and the odd email... I haven't heard much from people about, well, whether they liked it or not. I'd love to know. And for a few reasons.

1) I'm a little torn on what to embark on next. I have an idea for a female-led masking book, maybe a serial, about a con artist/cat burglar who gets in way over her head. I also have plenty of ideas for a sequel to Practice to Deceive, as well as my half-finished other books. The question is... where to go next? Your reactions to Practice to Deceive might help guide that.

2) Whether I write the sequel next or not, I'd still love to know what you thought of the book; did it work for you? Was it exciting, arousing, thrilling, titillating - all of the above? Where did I mess up? Where did you desperately want more?

3) Last but not least... I really could do with those Amazon reviews! There is, quite frankly a lot of dross in the sub-sub-niche of transgender fiction, and I'd love to get noticed by some people there. I know, of course, that part of the trick is to publish more stuff (and I'm working on that) but in addition, a great review or two will help me stand out! So if possible - go ahead and review the book? Even just a few lines would be great.

If none of that works for you, I still want to hear your opinions! Get in touch, leave a comment, whatever - drop me a line. And again if you bought the book, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment