Monday, June 17, 2013

First Kindle book live (no, not that one)

I'm dipping my toe into the waters of e-publishing, and those are deep, fast-running waters. Metaphors aside, I wanted to basically try out Kindle publishing to see how the process worked. It seems to be relatively simple, so I went ahead and threw out my first 'book' (even though it's just a short story).

Some of you will have already read 'Her Smile' - it was first released when MaskFiction.com existed, so it's probably 13 years old. However, it may be new to some of you. And now you can buy it for 99c (in the US, at least) and a similar price all over the world. So click, if you're interested:

Buy 'Her Smile' from Amazon.com

Buy 'Her Smile' from Amazon.co.uk

What this means for Housesitting is that I'm one step closer to getting it onto the Kindle, at least - although that's not the only place I expect to publish it. Good news right? We're getting really close...

I will say one thing as an aside - if you do actually buy Her Smile, even if it's just to be nice or whatever - please leave a review! You can create a new Amazon account if you feel embarrassed or whatever. (I think you might even be able to use pen names on reviews.) Ultimately it'll help my sales and to get the book known. Fair warning: this is the 'mild' level of begging. When I do publish Housesitting, you'd better believe I'll be desperate for reviews...!

No comments:

Post a Comment