Saturday, August 11, 2007

New release: Spider-Girl, issue #12

Betty's audacious impersonation of her own brother is severely tested, as she gets further embroiled into his life!

Issue #12: Turning Points
Download from Maskingwriter (Yahoo! Group)

The concluding issue of the Dr Octopus arc! Believe me when I say that after this issue, things will never be quite the same for Betty Brant!

Sorry this has been a long time in coming, but editing and proofreading it took a while, as it's close to 13k words!! Get comfortable though, enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Quick tip of the hat to Steve Zink for the title of this issue; by complete coincidence it turns out that it's the same title as he used in the single issue continuation of my original two issues of this series, all those moons ago. There are other coincidental similarities too!

Finally, to any anonymous commenters: I love ya and want to hear your views! But would it hurt to leave a single initial with your comment, or maybe two? Help me keep tracking of who's saying what! I can't track our chats otherwise, and I really want to do that... cheers!

That's all for now. More news soon. As always, if you enjoyed the issue or the series, consider clicking on an ad for me.

9 comments:

  1. Ghostly-

    Just finished reading Issue 12. Wonderful roller coaster of evocative emotions spawned by it. I don't wanna ruin it for any who might read this before reading it but you covered the gaumet with that issue. Stellar work! I can't wait to hear what idea you might have for Molten Man ;) I await your email with bated breath.

    -Sheyd-

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive read.

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheyd, and thanks MB (special thanks for giving me initials to work with!!).

    Sheyd, an email is coming your way soon, don't get too excited or you'll pass out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I wouldn't have expected that ending. It seems a bit out of keeping with the style/approach of the stories up to now. Anyway, given how things turned out at the end, and the way Chameleon's mask is calling to her, I wonder if we'll be seeing a 'darker' Spider-Girl?

    Elizabeth Rees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liz; as I mentioned in the post I just did, the basic plot for 12 was actually lifted directly from an early Spider-Man issue (I just checked; it's issue 11). The events played out in pretty much the exact same way.

    However, you're going to see that the long-term ramifications of this are going to play out for a long time. A 'darker' Spider-Girl? Well, we'll see... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive, very impressive.
    Expecially the collision of the two main personalities, that I hope to see fighting again in the future..

    Jan Q.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jan, thanks for the compliment.

    The Chameleon will return, never fear... somehow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, A potent brew! I didn't see the ending coming.

    I always have a bit of trouble getting "into" super-hero stuff, but this Dr. Octopus arc has been great. Action, nurse's uniforms, vivid erotic passages... All good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why thank you, Andi! Always good to hear from you.

    I put the nurse's uniforms in solely for your benefit, naturally. ;)

    ReplyDelete